The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office publishes regularly updated travel information on the FCO website and also on the Travel Aware website which you are strongly recommended to consult before booking and in good time before departure.
Other nationalities should access their own government support websites.
Know Before You Go
The FCO's "Know Before You Go" is an ongoing campaign to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
The campaign promotes these key messages:
- get comprehensive travel insurance, and read the small print
- check the FCO’s country travel advice
- research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- research the health risk on the NHS travel health information page as soon as possible before travelling, and if necessary visit your GP
- check your passport is valid and you have all necessary visas
- make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- take enough money and have access to emergency funds
If you’re planning a trip you should read the travellers' checklist – it’s full of practical tips for having a safe and enjoyable time.