- Latin America
- North America
- Holiday Types
- Book Now
In The Saddle is the leading UK travel agent specialising in worldwide riding holidays to over 40 countries. It was established in 1995 and currently employs 11 people. Everyone who works for In The Saddle, from our directors, travel specialists and admin staff loves horses and travel. We pride ourselves on our in-depth knowledge, our attention to detail and our ethos that nothing is too much trouble.
As the Accounts Administrator you will have a key role in maintaining the financial records for the company. The main responsibilities of the job include day to day bank management and reconciliations; making overseas payments; maintaining accounts on Sage; reconciliations of management systems to financial accounts; assisting the Directors with ad hoc projects.
Daily activities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Monitor company bank accounts
2. Reconcile bank accounts against in-house records and Sage
3. Input all financial data onto Sage accounting system
4. Reconcile overseas supplier accounts and set up overseas payments for approval
5. Monitor office supplies and reorder as necessary
6. Pay all general creditors in a timely and accurate manner
7. Follow up tactfully on outstanding payments from customers
8. Monitor profitability of individual destinations and highlight any concerns
9. Monitor expenditure on all overheads and make recommendations where savings might be made
10. Prepare weekly booking charts for staff meeting
11. Complete quarterly reports to ABTA and CAA
12. Prepare quarterly VAT return for submission
13. Prepare quarterly management accounts for review by the Directors
14. Prepare annual accounts for review by Directors and external auditor
15. Ad hoc tasks as required by the Directors
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an accounting role with knowledge of accounting software such as Sage or Xero, strong skills in Microsoft Excel and likely have AAT Level 3.
We are also willing to consider applications from candidates with no experience of accounting but who wish to train and develop into this role.
The key skills required are:
• A strong attention to detail to carry out tasks with high accuracy and efficiency
• Strong numeracy
• Ability to pick up systems quickly
• Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Ability to work well within a small team
• A hard-working and can-do attitude
The office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (with one hour for lunch).
We will consider flexible or reduced hours over a five day week.
Salary is dependent on experience.
20 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays. Private health insurance and work-based pension scheme.
Appropriate training including for AAT exams if necessary.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Olwen Law at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your letter should explain why you believe you are suited to this position with In The Saddle and what you can offer us. You should also outline your salary expectations. Please also research the commute time to our rural location and advise what this will mean for you.
The closing date for applications is 20 March 2020.
We do not have any current vacancies for travel consultants but we are always happy to hear from creative and enthusiastic individuals with relevant experience so if you would like us to consider you for any future vacancies, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com